Reporting to the IS Manager, The Technical Systems Analyst position provides technical support and maintenance to all technology within the Company with a primary focus on SCADA and its associated systems. During the pandemic this position will work remotely until the company determines that the COVID situation has reached a sustained level allowing a safe transition to work in the Oshawa office. Following this hybrid work will be available to staff in the head office.
- Monitor and action assigned tickets in the queue while paying careful attention to requirements and timelines.
- Open, track and close incidents and IMAC request tickets.
- Perform daily system health checks, address issues and document results.
- Monitor and maintain systems performance and troubleshoot outages within specified Service Level Agreements.
- Lead assigned projects and provide subject matter expertise to diagnose and remedy escalated. by the business, project stakeholders and/or other members of the IS team.
- Collaborate with the Managed Services team on any system issues and alerts.
- Perform quality control checks on our infrastructure environments.
- Act as an escalation point for all Microsoft technology issues as required.
- Maintain an agile mindset with constant focus on delivering the right solutions for the organization.
- Assist with defining project scope and designing workflow solutions.
- Collaborate with your team to improving IS Design and Build standards.
- Provide feedback for the future of the technology practice (evaluating vendors, products, solutions, etc.).
- Assist with infrastructure designing and scoping solutions for new initiatives.
- Escalate critical incidents as necessary while maintaining stakeholder communication.
- Contribute/develop documentation of processes, systems, and configurations.
- Support the configuration, installation and testing of current and/or new systems.
- Use industry standard monitoring and analysis tools as required.
- Develop and ensure routine backups, images, Anti-Virus on selected OT equipment are maintained.
- Assist in the creation, support, and maintenance of operational documentation.
- Ensure security guidelines are adhered to and maintained with remote vendor access and across all environments.
- Act as an IS resource to engineering teams on projects providing solid feedback to both groups.
- Provide support for all Plant operations Networks, HMI, historians, Analytical tools etc. as needed.
- Adhere to fundamental change management principles.
- Work with 3rd party technical support provider providing a local IT presence when required.
- Carry out additional IT Support tasks as required.
Skills and Experience:
- College diploma in Electrical/Electronic Technology or University degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, with additional training in digital control systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a network/systems administrator with a proven track record of excellent service.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in design, maintenance and support of server-based SCADA systems and digital control systems and support of the control aspects of power generation facilities.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting an OT/ICS environment with an understanding of SCADA systems such as ABB S+ and HMI.
- Hands on experience configuring data acquisition devices such as PLCs SEL RTAC, Allen Bradley or Modicon.
- Comfortable working in a team, and independently.
- Self-motivated individual with a willingness to progress/improve processes and functions.
- Understanding of urgency and caution when operating in a power systems environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Extremely high attention to detail, well organized with good documentation skills (Office 365).
- Understanding of Plant Operations Technology (OT) equipment and operation reliance.
- Working knowledge of NERC CIP compliancy as it relates to Cyber security at facilities
- Strong understanding of security principles.
- In-depth knowledge of the TCP / IP protocol suite, security architecture, securing and hardening Operating Systems, Networks, Databases and Applications.
- Knowledge of Incident Response, life cycle management, Change management and Architecture review process.
- Implementation and design/support experience with Microsoft Technologies including (but not limited to):
- Microsoft server infrastructure
- Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Active Directory, Authentication, SSO & Identity Management
- Collaboration and Messaging
- Cloud Technologies
- O365, Azure, Paas, SaaS
- File & printer services
The following training courses are considered assets.
- CCNA, CompTia Network+ and Server+ or equivalent experience with layer 2-4 networking
- MCPITP, MCSE, MCSA Server Certification or proven experience
- Microsoft Server– AD, DNS, DHCP, GPO, IIS
- Microsoft Office 365 administration
- VMware vSphere virtualization and vCenter management platform
- Cisco iOS, networking tools and concepts, TCP/IP fundamentals
- Structured cabling and server rack management
- PowerShell scripting knowledge
- CISSP Certification
- ITIL/CISSP/MCSE/CCN/PMP/WMWARE/CET certification
- Occasional travel within Ontario
- Participation on an on-call rotations with the rest of the IS team.
- As a condition of employment, all new employees must be fully vaccinated and provide satisfactory proof, unless approved for an exemption based on a protected ground in the Ontario Human Rights Code (“the Code”).
Applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume outlining your interests and qualifications through our careers site.
H2O Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer; promoting accessibility and inclusivity at work and offering accommodation for applicants as required and requested.