Reporting to the Director, Asset Management, this temporary 4-month paid position (37.5 hours per week) will support the Engineering Office with a variety of activities related to Dam Safety documentation, drawing management, scanning/archiving/indexing of technical reports, engineering project support with an introduction to scientific research and development (SRED).
Duties and responsibilities
Dam Safety and Reliability
- Develop a dam safety action plan and public safety management plan for the Northeast and Northwest Plant groups based on previous studies and performed by outside Consultants
- Collect data from field data (piezometers, structural gauges, uplift sensors, bearing temperatures, etc.) and create trend graphs and monitoring plans.
- Perform final edits and formatting to Operations Maintenance and Surveillance manuals.
Drawing and document management
- Travel to Iroquois Falls, ON to scan, archive and index technical reports and drawings with our CAD drafter
- Travel to Fort Frances, ON to scan archive and index technical report and drawings with our CAD drafter
- Assist in edits to AutoCAD drawings, checking of existing drawings in the registry.
- Assist in ACAD work for as-built and record drawings.
- Compiling historical and planned CAPEX project timing and cost data into the master spreadsheet
- Assist the Project Manager and/or Project Engineer on current project tasks such as vendor interface, technical coordination, drafting, closeout reports, etc.
Research & Development
- Research existing SRED programs for new product development underway (trash cleaning grapple, monitoring systems, etc.)
- Research, evaluate and present the implementing of Asset Maintenance and CMMS tools into Microsoft Dynamics
- The Co-op student should be a first or second-year Engineering student who:
- is hard working and wants to contribute on a meaningful level;
- will take a task and see it to completion;
- has some experience with AutoCAD drafting; and
- has an interest in Renewable Energy Equipment and Hydropower Dams.
- Must possess a valid G driver’s license and have a good driving record
- As a condition of employment, all new employees must be fully vaccinated and provide satisfactory proof, unless approved for an exemption based on a protected ground in the Ontario Human Rights Code (“the Code”).
Working conditions/Travel Requirements
- The position will require the co-op student to work remotely and in the H2O Power Oshawa office during regular business hours and travel periodically to Iroquois Falls, ON and Fort Frances, ON.
- Expected frequency of travel would 2-4 trips for the work term, maximum 5 days at a time.
- The position may require standing for extended periods of time, lifting and carrying roles and stacks of full-sized drawings and performing repetitive tasks.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume outlining your interests and qualifications via our Talent Portal.
H2O Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer; promoting accessibility and inclusivity at work and offering accommodation for applicants as required and requested.